Whether you’re looking for a night out full of drink specials, live music, or late-night food, McAllen has it all! Make it a girl’s night at the all pink bar known as Love Buzz or bring your pet along with you to The Yard and The Gremlin. We’ve put together a list of our top bars and clubs in McAllen to spend your evening! Check them out below!
We hope you visit downtown/uptown McAllen soon to try out these hot spots! Don’t forget to tag us while you’re there, Explorers! Using #exploremcallen, #mcalleneats, and #mcallendrinks for a chance to be featured our social media accounts!
Here, you’ll find live entertainment with retro DJs playing the best of the 80’s, 90’s, and more!
- Open Monday – Saturday 3:00 PM – 2:00 AM
- Located inside Office Bar & Grill 1116 Pecan Blvd
- (956) 905-2369
******Temporarily closed, will be reopening in two months (Sept. 2021) ******
This is a “freakshow-themed” bar with drink specials and delicious tacos every Tuesday.
- It’s open Tuesday through Saturday from 10:00 PM until 2:00 AM. Closed on Sunday and Monday.
- Located at 320 S. 17th
- (956) 862-7237
Get your taste of Cajun cuisine at Bourbon with their New Orleans creations. Enjoy the food with good company and regular live music acts.
- It’s open every day from 11:00 AM until 2:00 AM.
- Located at 4800 N. 10th
- (956) 800-4641
This is an upscale nightclub with live DJs, drink specials, and cocktail pitchers!
- It’s open Thursday – Saturday 10:00 PM – 2:00 AM. Tuesday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Located at 322 S. 17th
- (956) 867-0508
This nightclub can be found in Downtown McAllen with live DJs and drink specials. Try one of their Tipsy Raspas in five famous flavors!
- It’s open Friday and Saturday from 10:00 PM until 2:00 AM. Closed Sunday through Thursday.
- Located at 221 S. 17th
- (956) 516-8128
This is a mellow hangout that serves pizzas and cocktails with nightly live bands in a relaxed setting.
- It’s open Tuesday through Sunday from 8:00 PM until 2:00 AM. Closed on Mondays.
- Located at 204 S. 17th
- (956) 627-0211
This spot is a 100-year-old house converted into a restaurant specializing in international street foods with circulating craft beers on draft and select wines. It’s also pet-friendly!
- Open Tuesdays & Wednesdays 5:00 PM – 12:00 AM, Thursdays – Saturdays 5:00 PM – 2:00 AM, Sundays, 12:00pm – 8:00 PM
- Located at 322 S. 16th
- (956) 330-8582
Country music entertainment can be found here! Guests can dance on one of two dancefloors. If you aren’t into dancing, sing karaoke, or play pool or darts inside the club!
- It’s open Wednesday through Saturday from 8:00 PM until 2:00 AM. Closed on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday.
- Located at 6000 N. 10th
- (956) 687-1106
Enjoy hearty burgers and English classics like London’s Famous Fish and Chips while trying one of their select beers!
- It’s open every day from 11:00 AM until 2:00 AM.
- Located at 129 E. Nolana Ave.
- (956) 213-8388
****Temporarily closed, will be reopening at 3424 N. 10th St. possibly Sept. 2021.***
This is a cute, pink-colored, and chic cocktail bar created by women to bring you the perfect girl’s night out! 21+ only and a casual, chic dress code is required.
- It’s open Tuesday from 6:00 PM until 2:00 AM and Wednesday through Saturday from 10:00 PM until 2:00 AM. Closed on Sunday and Monday.
- Located at 307 S. 17th
- (956) 655-7058
At this restaurant, you’ll want to grab one of their many selections of beer and hearty meals that include burgers and barbeque selections.
- Open Tuesday – Saturday 3:00 PM – 2:00 AM, closed Sundays, and open Mondays 3:00 PM – 11:00 PM.
- Located at 1116 Pecan Blvd.
- (956) 686-7778 or (956) 686-8015
This is an upbeat bar known for offering a variety of shots in a fun atmosphere.
- It’s open Tuesday and Wednesday from 9:00 PM until 2:00 AM. Closed on Monday.
- Located at 202 S. 17th
- (956) 607-3707
PBD’s is the oldest lbgtqi bars in South Texas and has been open for over 30 years. It hosts drag shows and nightly happy hours.
- It’s open Tuesday – Sunday 7:00 PM – 2:00 AM.
- Located at 2908 N. Ware Rd.
- (956) 682-8019
Get your share of delicious pizza and live music at his bar and grill. It has large TV screens at the bar and around the restaurant.
- It’s open daily 5:00 PM – 2:00 AM.
- Located at 400 W. Nolana Ste. H1
- (956) 540-7650
This is a rooftop bar with wine, cocktails, and beer. Enjoy live music and a late-night menu.
- It’s open Thursday through Saturday from 10:00 PM until 2:00 AM. Closed Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.
- 324 S. 17th
- (956) 627-0743
This sit-down bar and restaurant offer craft food that includes select pizza, sandwiches, and many appetizers. Enjoy the intimate ambiance as you try a beer from their very large selection.
- It’s open Monday through Friday from 11:00 AM until 2:00 AM and Saturday and Sunday from 1:00 PM until 2:00 AM.
- Located at 821 N. Main St.
- (956) 928-1994
This is a classic rock-n-roll bar that’s been in business since 1995. Enjoy live music and drinks with your friends!
- It’s open 10:00pm – 2:00am Fridays & Saturdays.
- Located at 2007 Orchid Ave.
- (956) 618-4178
This bar and grill serves American pub-grub, Tex-Mex eats, and cocktails in a relaxed, funky setting.
- Downtown location open Tuesdays – Sunday 7:00 AM – 2:00 AM
- Located at 301 S. 17th | (956) 655-7058
- Uptown location open daily 12:00 PM – 2:00 AM
- 400 N. Nolana Suite N1 | (956) 731-4001
This spot can be found in Downtown McAllen with some of the best drink specials around! It’s always serving $2 Jager bombs and $2 Landshark beers.
- It’s open Tuesday through Sunday from 10:00 PM until 2:00 AM. Closed on Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday.
- Located at 1613 Chicago Ave.
- (956) 668-7465
Hang out with your friends and pets at this outdoor bar and food truck park!
- Open Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, & Saturdays 5:00pm – 3:00am, Sundays 3:00pm – 3:00am, closed Mondays & Wednesdays.
- Located at 401 S. 17th
- (956) 887-1302