Sunday, July 21st is National Ice Cream Day! If you’ve been wanting to enjoy a double scoop on a waffle cone, then now you can do so! It’ll be the perfect way to cool down from the summer heat! Check out this list of some of McAllen’s delicious ice cream shops to visit on Sunday!
Delicias Tortas Y Paletas
This popular location is known for its “Tortas Gigantes,” but it also has a variety of Mexican paletas de agua y leche!
- It’s open on Monday through Saturday from 10:00 AM until 10:00 PM and Sunday from 11:00 AM until 9:00 PM.
- It’s located at 600 N. 23rd
- It can be reached at (956) 683-7797.
Rolling with Cream
This is the Rio Grande Valley’s first Thai-inspired ice cream roll establishment! Their ice cream lacks the extra preservatives, emulsifiers, and stabilizers found in regular ice cream brands and brings you nothing but the freshest treat!
- It’s open Sunday through Thursday from 1:00 PM until 10:00 PM and Friday and Saturday from 1:00 PM until 11:00 PM.
- It’s located at 129 W. Nolana Ave.
- It can be reached at (956) 363-6118.
Paleteria Y Neveria Yusma
This shop is known for offering Mexican-style paletas, ice cream, raspas, milkshakes, smoothies, and more!
- It’s open Monday through Saturday from 11:00 AM until 10:00 PM and Sunday from 12:00 PM until 9:00 PM.
- It’s located at 3724 Pecan Blvd.
- It can be reached at (956) 627-2600.
Tag Us, Explorers!
Show us how you’re celebrating National Ice Cream Day in McAllen this weekend! Visit any of these places, snap a photo of your ice cream, and post it on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram with #mcalleneats and #exploremcallen.