Summer is coming in scorching hot, and while you enjoy all the things to do in McAllen, you should also consider cooling off! We have listed all you need to know about McAllen’s aquatics opportunities to enjoy this summer. Take your family to enjoy some classes at our pools and public swimming at our parks in McAllen tx.
Learn About Public Swimming Hours
There is plenty of public swimming available throughout McAllen, such as:
- Public Swim – Take your family to enjoy public swimming at the Municipal Pool, Saturdays from 1 PM to 6 PM.
- Splash Pads – Take your kids to splash around at Zinnia Park at 5201 N. 29th St. and the Palmview Community Center at 3401 Jordan Rd W, McAllen.
- Lap Swimming – You can enjoy the lap swimming activities at the Municipal Pool during the following hours:
- Boys Club Pool is available Saturday and Sunday from 5 AM to 8 AM.
- Water Aerobics is available Tuesday through Friday from 6 PM to 7 PM.
- Lap Swimming is available Tuesday through Friday from 5 AM to 8 AM and 10 AM to 3 PM. It is also available Saturday and Sunday from 5 AM to 10 AM.
Enjoy the following McAllen events at the Municipal Pool at 121 N. Bicentennial Blvd. The Parent, baby, pre-school, and youth programs are available at Los Encinos Pool at 3300 Sarah Ave.
Learn About Our Aquatics Programs
McAllen Parks and Recreation is offering six different aquatic programs that you should take advantage of:
- Gus and Goldie Learn to Swim Program: This popular program teaches parents how to work safely with their infants and develop proper water adjustment skills.
- Parent/Baby (6-18 Months): This program is designed to help parents work safely and effectively with their infant and teach them water adjustment skills and learn to have fun in the water.
- Pre-School (4-5 Years): Parents will learn basic water adjustment skills with an emphasis on play and encourages swimmer independence.
- Youth (6-13 Years): The Youth program is split up into four levels. Levels 1 and 2 teach basic water exploration and swimming skills. Levels 3 and 4 build upon previous levels and teach different swimming techniques.
- Adult & Teen (14 & over): This program is for adults and teens who either need to overcome their fear of water or want to improve their strokes.
- Adaptive Aquatics: This program is designed for special needs and offers an introduction to water and water safety activities.
Sessions and Time Slots
The aquatics programs are split up throughout the summer into seven sessions. Register for the current available sessions include:
- Session 4: July 11 – July 22
- Session 5: July 25 – August 5
- Session 6: August 9 – August 19
- Session 7: August 23 – September 2
- Programs will be closed from June 27 through July 8
The parent/baby, pre-school, and youth programs will take place during one of the following thirty-minute slots:
- 8:30 AM – 9:00 AM
- 9:20 AM – 9:50 AM
- 6:30 PM – 7:00 PM
- 7:10 PM – 7:40 PM
The adult and teen programs have one time slot from 6:15 PM to 6:55 PM.
The Adaptive Aquatics program have one time slot from 5:00 PM to 5:30 PM.
Keep Up With McAllen Events this Summer
Thrive and enjoy McAllen living with the whole family! Check out our McAllen events calendar for more fun things to do in McAllen you and your family can enjoy throughout the summertime. Tag us enjoying McAllen TX events on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter! #ExploreMcAllen!