Photo Courtesy of El Rodeo Taco Express
Many places in the country will be celebrating National Taco Day on October 4th, but only true taco lovers know that, in deep South Texas, you’ll find the best to satisfy your hunger in McAllen! If you’re looking to celebrate, McAllen has several restaurants that will be serving up some delicious taco creations! Read on for seven great spots to visit on National Taco Day!
El Rodeo Taco Express
This spot is known as one of McAllen’s go-to taquerias during the weekend. El Rodeo Taco Express offers tacos, tortas, lonchés, and more in an outdoor setting with friendly staff members.
- It’s open Monday through Thursday from 4:00 PM until 12:00 AM, Friday and Saturday from 4:00 PM until 2:00 AM, and Sunday from 12:00 PM until 12:00 AM.
- Located at 6300 N. Ware Rd.
- (956) 661-0870
Photo Courtesy of Kiki’s Restaurant Familiar
Kiki’s Restaurant Familiar
Family-style Mexican staples like quesadillas, fajitas, and tacos can be found at Kiki’s. It’s an authentic and casual restaurant with delicious aguas frescas to go with each order.
- It’s open Monday through Thursday from 11:00 AM until 10:45 PM, Friday and Saturday from 11:00 AM until 11:30 PM, and Sunday from 12:00 PM until 10:00 PM.
- Located at 1100 S. Jackson Rd.
- (956) 631-0277
Photo Courtesy of Tacos Kissi
Tacos Kissi is a small but very welcoming restaurant with an outdoor patio. You can find classic Mexican dishes like tacos, seafood options, and sushi!
- It’s open every day from 8:00 AM until 11:00 PM.
- Located at 705 S. 10th
- (956) 627-0574
Photo Courtesy of Las Rocas Restaurant
Las Rocas Restaurant
A small hidden gem in McAllen, Las Rocas offers delicious homemade food like their tortas and tacos. And be sure to order a delicious cup of their aguas frescas!
- It’s open Monday through Saturday from 10:00 AM until 7:00 PM. It’s closed on Sunday.
- Located at 617 S. 15th
- (956) 682-5655
Photo Courtesy of Taquero Mucho
Not only does the Taquero Mucho food truck have a clever name, it also has a variety of Mexican plates! Try their tacos, lonchés, or sincronizadas.
- It’s open Sunday through Thursday from 11:00 AM until 12:00 AM and Friday and Saturday from 11:00 AM until 4:00 AM.
- Located at 700 S. 23rd
- (956) 225-5952
Photo Courtesy of Piporro Taqueria Jalisco
Piporro Taqueria Jalisco
Taqueria-style Mexican food with a variety of tacos at a reasonable price? You’ll definitely find that and more at Piporro Taqueria Jalisco!
- It’s open Monday through Wednesday from 11:00 AM until 10:00 PM, Thursday through Saturday from 11:00 AM until 3:30 AM, and Sunday from 8:00 AM until 10:00 PM.
- Located at 5000 N. 23rd Ste. A
- (956) 627-3177
Photo Courtesy of Ms G’s Tacos N’ More
Ms. G’s Tacos N’ More
Ms. G’s only uses the highest quality and freshest ingredients in her specialty tacos. Order from her extensive menu of breakfast, lunch, and dinner options.
- It’s open Monday through Friday from 6:30 AM until 8:00 PM and Saturday from 7:00 AM until 2:00 PM. It’s closed on Sunday.
- Located at 2263 Pecan Blvd.
- (956) 668-8226
Explore McAllen for Your Taco Craving!
Snap a photo of your favorite tacos and be sure to tag us or use #mcalleneats and #exploremcallen.