Refuse to let your kids stay in the house all day? Get summer started and sign up for tons of camps happening in McAllen. Find McAllen Activities at the:
- Quinta Mazatlán
- Lark Community Center
- Palm View Community Center
- Las Palmas Community Center
- McAllen Parks and Recreation
Learn Swimming with the Aquatics Programs
1000 S Ware Rd
Register online to book your child’s swimming lessons! Swimming season starts from May 30th to September 15th. Sessions begin from Tuesdays to Fridays from 8 AM to 7 PM, all ages are welcome!
Sign Up for Your Team!
1000 S Ware Rd
Register online to book a mini sports camp. Classes are categorized for both children and adult leagues:
- Golf lessons
- Tennis lessons
- Indoor Volleyball
600 Sunset Dr
Looking for camps to join this summer? Enroll at these nature-inspired camps just in time for the summer! Don’t forget that there are summer programs too! Are you interested in these camps and McAllen activities? Register online!
Nature Discovery Camps | June 6 – 30th
Ages 5 – 8
- Steam in Nature
- Music & Movement
- Wonders of Wildlife
- Adventurous Nature Artists
Ages 9 – 13
- Camp Talon
- Junior Botanist
- Grow and Flow
- Naturalist Academy
Weekly Summer Programs | June 2 – August 29
- Tuesdays – Flashlight Nights
- Thursdays – Family Fun Nights
- Fridays – Guided Bird and Nature Walk
- Saturdays – Nature Nuggets, Discovery Days
Palm View Community Center
3401 Jordan Rd.
Follow Palm View Community Center online and don’t miss out on fun family-friendly camps and family events happening this summer, including:
- Soccer (Age 3 – 4)
- Dance (Age 3 – 6)
- Basketball (Age 5 – 7+)
- Crazy Crafts (Age 3 – 6)
- Intro to Painting (Age 7+)
- Puddle Masters (Age 7+)
- Snack Attack (Age 5 – 7+)
- Attend the Little Miss 4th of July pageant with a sparkle this June 10th!
- Join us for the annual father and son competition of the corn hole tournament this August 5th.
- Join a dance camp to learn the hottest styles of hip-hop, jazz, and more, your kiddos will have stylish moves in no time! Ages 5 – 12 are welcome for sessions from June 5th to August 4th.
Las Palmas Community Center
1921 N 25th St
Enjoy this fantastic summer with your friends and family at the Las Palmas Community Center. Find things to do in McAllen for children, pre-teens, and for the family from June 5th to August 4th! See their guide online.
Summer Activities as Las Palmas
- Tumbling (Ages 3 – 7)
- Explore Art (Ages 3 – 13)
- Soccer Skills (Ages 3 – 5)
- Dance Worx (Ages 8 – 12)
- Brick Masters (Ages 6 – 10)
- Volleyball Skills (Ages 7 – 13)
- Bite-Sized Bites (Ages 7 – 13)
- The Art of Ballet (Ages 3 – 10)
- Beginner Folklorico (Ages 3 – 10)
- TEEN Beginner Folklorico (Ages 11 – 16)
Don’t forget to sign up for these McAllen activities:
- Sports Explosion Camp where kids ages 6 – 9 can learn the basics of teamwork. Sessions open June 5th – August 3rd.
- Summer Folklorico Camp where kids ages 4 – 17 can join a class to learn the fundamentals. Sessions open June 19th – 30th.
- Canvas and Coffee to show off your creativity and learn artistic skills. Sessions open June 24th, July 22nd, and August 12th.
Mark your calendars to Join Las Palmas community center for a chance to walk dogs, take photos, and give out tasty dog treats this July 15th!
Lark Community Center
2601 Lark Ave
Visit the Lark Community Center for even more access to your favorite summer sessions available from June 5th to August 4th!
- Ballet (Ages 3 – 8)
- Dance (Ages 5 – 7+)
- Pickleball (Ages 7+)
- Cheer (Ages 3 – 7+)
- Badminton (Ages 7+)
- Rec Sports (Ages 3 – 7+)
- Amazing Art (Ages 3 – 7+)
- Tae Kwon Do (Ages 3 – 8)
Summer Days at Lark sessions will be available June 5th to August 4th for children ages five to twelve to participate in science, physical classes, and arts & crafts.
Stay Up to Date Online with New McAllen Activities
Submit your upcoming events on our Events Calendar, and follow us for more things to do in McAllen, Tx.