Photo Courtesy of McAllen Parks and Recreation
There will be plenty of fun things to do in McAllen during Labor Day Weekend! Whether you’re looking to spend the weekend at Town Lake, having some laughs at a comedy show, or shopping locally at the McAllen Farmers Market, there will surely be something for the whole family to enjoy. Read on to discover the many activities you can attend!
Friday, August 30th
- Let’s Draw at the IMAS is scheduled from 9:00 AM until 5:00 PM. Only dry mediums are permitted. This event is recommended for ages six and up with accompanying adults. For entrance fees, please click here.
- Take up to 60% off your in-store or online purchase during 11 Tactical’s Labor Day Sale which will be happening from 10:00 AM until 8:00 PM on Saturday and Monday, and on Sunday from 11:00 AM until 6:00 PM.
- Make time for the Boat & Fish on Town Lake event with your friends and family at Firemen’s Park each day this weekend from 4:00 PM until 8:00 PM.
- Intro to Poi (Art of Fire Spinning) will be held at the McAllen Nature Center from 6:15 PM until 7:00 PM. There is a suggested donation of $1 for park admission.
- Miller Lite Presents: Natti Natasha & De La Ghetto at the McAllen Convention Center beginning at 8:00 PM. This event is for people over 21. For free tickets, please click here.
Photo Courtesy of Rhythm Room
Saturday, August 31st
- Try Tai Chi at the McAllen Nature Center from 8:00 AM until 9:00 AM. There is a suggested donation of $1 per participant.
- Have a nice stroll around the McAllen Nature Center and learn about butterflies! The Beginners Butterfly Walk will take place between 9:00 AM and 10:00 AM. There is a suggested donation of $1 for park admission.
- Bring your kids to a Nature Detective Walk at Quinta Mazatlán from 9:00 AM until 10:00 AM. There is a park admission fee of $3.
- Join Saturday Morning Art Making at the McAllen Creative Incubator from 9:30 AM until 12:30 PM. There is a fee of $10 per workshop.
- Practice Yoga at the McAllen Farmers Market from 11:30 AM until 12:30 PM.
- Celebrate National Bacon Day during Roosevelt’s at 7’s Breakfast for Dinner “Bacon Edition.” This event will be from 6:00 PM until 11:30 PM.
- Rhythm Room presents Que Viva La Salsa at Cine El Rey from 9:00 PM until 2:00 AM. There will be a fee of $15 at the door. Click here to purchase tickets.
- Cosplay as your favorite superhero and enjoy live music during Pulguita Nocturna at Yerberia Cultura. This is a pet-friendly event that will take place from 9:00 PM until 2:00 AM.
Photo Courtesy of Tres Lagos
Sunday, September 1st
- Have an early morning bike ride at the Sunday Sapo Gravel Ride from 7:00 AM until 10:00 AM. Meet at La Plaza Mall’s Sun & Ski Sports store.
- Bring your family to Free Family Sunday Funday at the IMAS from 1:00 PM until 5:00 PM.
- Shop locally at Tres Lagos Farmers’ Market from 2:00 PM until 5:00 PM.
- Stop by the McAllen Public Library for Make-n-Take Craft with your kids from 2:00 PM until 3:00 PM.
- Spend your Sunday Funday evening at Bike Night at Whiskey Barrel Bar & Grill from 6:00 PM until 12:00 AM for food, live music, and karaoke.
- Have some laughs at the Teachers Labor Day Comedy Show from 7:00 PM until 9:00 PM. This event will be held at Cine El Rey with an entrance fee of $15. Click here to purchase tickets.
Tag Us, Explorers!
As always, be sure to share the fun with us by tagging us in your photos or using #exploremcallen and #mcalleneats for a chance to be featured on our social media accounts!