Photo Courtesy of Philly 77
Labor Day can be used for full relaxation. Make the most out of yours by exploring McAllen! We’ve narrowed down some of the best restaurants to visit and things to do on Labor Day! Read on for plenty of outdoor adventures to do with friends and family.
Photo Courtesy of Tony Roma’s
Food and Drinks
- Tony Roma’s
- Celebrate the upcoming National Baby Back Ribs Day event through September 3rd with a $10 half-rack of baby back ribs with original BBQ sauce, coleslaw, and fries!
- Open every day from 11:00 AM until 10:00 PM.
- 2121 S. 10th
- (956) 631-2121
- Lone Star Bar-B-Que
- Order their Monday special, the sliced or chopped Brisket Sandwich with a side order for $9.50.
- Open Monday through Saturday from 11:00 AM until 8:30 PM and closed on Sundays.
- 3619 N. 10th
- (956) 664-9988
- Ramos BBQ
- Try any of their daily lunch specials starting at $5.
- Open every day from 11:00 AM until 8:00 PM.
- 10801 N. 10th
- (956) 386-1818
- Open Sunday through Tuesday from 11:00 AM until 9:00 PM and Wednesday through Saturday from 11:00 AM until 10:00 PM.
- 7517 N. 10th Ste. 100
- (956) 682-2066 or (956) 627-0482
- Philly 77
- From cheesesteaks and fries to amazing milkshakes, everything Philly 77 serves is made fresh, fun, and full of delicious flavor.
- Open Sunday through Wednesday from 11:00 AM until 9:00 PM and Thursday through Saturday from 11:00 AM until 11:00 PM.
- 1123 US Highway 83
- (956) 627-2577
- The Quarter New Orleans Kitchen and Tap Room
- Celebrate their 5 Year Anniversary event all month long with drink specials and $5 Flat Break Pizzas and $5 Big Easy Burgers.
- Open Monday through Thursday from 11:00 AM until 12:00 AM, Friday from 11:00 AM until 2:00 AM, Saturday from 1:00 PM until 2:00 AM, and Sunday from 11:00 AM until 10:00 PM.
- 100 E. Nolana Ave.
- (956) 627-2454
- Eddy’s Tavern
- Enjoy a game of billiards with your friends at this sports bar.
- Open every day from 11:00 AM until 2:00 AM.
- 400 W. Nolana Ave. Space G
- (956) 687-8296
- Whiskey Barrel Bar & Grill
- Play pool and shuffleboard or take advantage of their happy hour from 4:00 PM until 8:00 PM.
- Open Monday through Friday from 4:00 PM until 2:00 AM and Saturday and Sunday from 12:00 PM until 2:00 AM.
- 1101 W. Business 83
- (956) 540-7487
Photo Courtesy of McAllen Nature Center
- McAllen Nature Center
- Host your own barbecue with friends and family at these McAllen parks:
- Cascade Park – 1000 Bales Rd.
- Escandon Park – 2021 S. 19th
- Hackberry Park – 417 Hackberry Ave.
- Idela Park – 3500 Idela Ave.
- La Vista Park – 100 W. La Vista Rd.
- Municipal Park – 1921 N. Bicentennial Blvd.
- Westside Park – 1000 S. Ware Rd.
Enjoy Your Labor Day!
Relax, eat, and spend your day in McAllen while doing fun activities with those you care about. Don’t forget to tag us in your photos on social media! Use #exploremcallen, #mcalleneats, and #mcallendrinks!