Spend this weekend in McAllen with tons of family-friendly events! Experience CATS the Musical at the McAllen Performing Arts Center, join the Night Ride of the Living Dead with Bike McAllen, and end Sunday with Doggie Yoga at The Yard. Read on for more events in McAllen this weekend!
Photo Courtesy of Live in McAllen
Friday, October 18th
- Make time with your family for Boat & Fish on Town Lake at Firemen’s Park each day this weekend from 4:00 PM until 8:00 PM.
- Sip, mingle, and shop at Blooms & Bubbly! This event will be held from 4:00 PM until 7:00 PM at Southern Roots Flower Market.
- Listen to live music, enjoy good food, and support local artisans at Los Muertos Tambien Bailan at Moonstruck Market from 6:00 PM until 3:00 PM.
- Catch a performance of CATS The Musical at the McAllen Performing Arts Center on Friday and Saturday with three different showtimes at 8:00 PM on Friday and 2:00 PM and 8:00 PM on Saturday. Tickets start at $65. Click here to purchase.
Photo Courtesy of Bike McAllen
Saturday, October 19th
- Shop locally at the McAllen Farmers Market from 10:00 AM until 1:00 PM.
- Join the Chip Monsters for a Halloween Creative Session for Kids+Parents at Kaboom Comics. There will be six new creative projects to choose from between 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM. There is a workshop fee of $8.00 per participant.
- Each week, your preschooler will have fun exploring and learning from nature during Nature Nuggets-Night Creatures & Native Plants! This event will be held at Quinta Mazatlán from 10:00 AM until 11:00 AM. There is an admission fee of $3.
- Gear up for an afternoon of robotic fun during the Daisy Girl Scouts: Robots at IMAS Workshop from 10:00 AM until 1:00 PM. There is a fee of $10. Click here to register online.
- Join Workout for Your “Tatas” at Roof 324 from 10:00 AM until 2:00 PM.
- Bikers for Boobs will be held at Desperado Harley Davidson from 10:00 AM until 4:00 PM.
- Bring your little ones to Monster Mash at the Old Church Winery from 11:00 AM until 5:00 PM. There will be games, food, music, a costume contest, and much more!
- Do you love animals? Join Creature Feature at Quinta Mazatlán from 11:00 AM until 12:00 PM. You’ll spend an hour learning about animals and understanding our connection with all living things. There is a park admission fee of $3 per person.
- Practice Yoga at the McAllen Farmers Market from 11:30 AM until 12:30 PM.
- Stop by the Howl-a-ween Adoption Event at the Worldwide Pet Products Factory Outlet from 2:00 PM until 5:00 PM. They will have cats and dogs available for adoption, local vendors, and more!
- Come and showcase your best six Pokémon to battle other trainers during Pokémon Go™ PVP Tournament: Sinister Cup. This event will be held at the McAllen Public Library from 3:00 PM until 5:30 PM. All skill levels and ages welcome!
- Get your heart racing with the Haunted Dental Office Event at Luna Dental RGV from 4:00 PM until 6:00 PM.
- Enjoy a night of spooky fun during Las Palmas Community Center’s Pumpkin Carving event from 5:00 PM until 8:30 PM. There is a fee of $12 per participant. Click here to register. Search for activity number 791000 after clicking the link above.
- Bike McAllen Social Presents: Night Ride of the Living Dead beginning at 6:30 PM. This is a Halloween-themed bike ride where face paint and costumes are strongly encouraged. Meet up at the McAllen City Hall Parking Lot at 5:45 PM for a six to eight mile, no-drop ride.
- Come dance Salsa, Cha-cha, Bachata, and more at La Catrina – Themed Social. This event will be held at Action Dance Studio from 10:00 PM until 2:00 AM with a cover charge of $10 per person.
Photo Courtesy of Ella Yoga
Sunday, October 20th
- Enjoy a bike ride with the Sun & Ski Sports Team during their Sunday Sapo Gravel Ride from 7:00 AM until 10:00 AM. Meet at their La Plaza Mall location and don’t forget your helmet and water bottle!
- Stop by Black Iron Café for their Cars & Coffee event beginning at 9:00 AM.
- Try Doggie Yoga with your pet at The Yard from 11:00 AM until 12:00 PM. There is a fee of $20 per person. Click here to register.
- The RGV Wedding Fair is back at the McAllen Convention Center from 12:00 PM until 5:00 PM. There is a general admission fee of $14 per person at the door. Click here for a $2 off coupon.
- The Free Family Sunday Funday at the IMAS is scheduled from 1:00 PM until 5:00 PM.
- Visit the Altar de Muertos Exhibit Opening Reception at IMAS from 2:00 PM until 4:00 PM. An exhibition of 17 works of art representing the spirit of Day of the Dead in conjunction with the annual display of the community altars will be hosted on October 20th through November 17th.
- Calling all dachshunds and their humans! Join the Dachtoberfest at Southern Roots Flower Market from 2:00 PM until 5:00 PM for games, contests, and photo opportunities.
- Stop by the McAllen Public Library for some Spooky Science from 2:00 PM until 3:00 PM! This event is recommended for children in third through fifth grade.
- Bring your little one for stories, signs, and playtime during Baby Storytime! This event will be held at the McAllen Public Library from 4:00 PM until 5:00 PM.
- Come and support local brands and enjoy live music at The Landmark during Pop Up WRLD from 7:00 PM until 10:30 PM.
Have a Great Weekend, Explorers!
Show us how you Explore McAllen! Tag us in your photos or use #exploremcallen and #mcalleneats for a chance to be featured on our social media accounts!